- Post 23 January 2013
- By Crystal Wilson, Special to the Defender
- Hits: 2835
The Urban Wheels Awards is an annual event, held during the North American International Auto Show, that brings together celebrities, executives, international media, government representatives, and the multicultural community to celebrate diversity and inclusion in the automotive industry.
Consumers in the multicultural market buy one-quarter of new vehicles annually. The Urban Wheel Awards promotes awareness of their contributions to the industry as well as those of companies and individuals who have made progress toward embracing this reality.
General Motors received the following four awards:
1) Executive of the Year – Alicia Boler-Davis, VP Global Quality, VP Customer Experience
2) Woman Designer of the Year – Crystal Windham, Director of Design
3) GM named Company of the Year for Progress in Community Service Initiatives to Women
Vivian Pickard President of GM Foundation & Ken Barrett, General Motors Chief Diversity Officer accepted on behalf of General Motors
4) Urban Car of the Year, Cadillac ATS
Don Butler, Vice President of Cadillac Marketing, accepted on behalf of Cadillac